Monday, April 03, 2006

Conspiracy or Coincidence?

Being a skeptic, I'm not usually one for "conspiracy theories", though some do raise very interesting questions. But what are the motives behind New York City officials releasing the recordings of dispatchers from September 11, 2001, as well as the coinciding timing of the 60 minutes where bin laden's "ex-bodyguard", with no further evidence, retells what osama told us in a recording months ago, adding "When Sheik Osama promises something, he does it". These reminders of fear seem to be coming at an interesting time. Is it just a coincidence that presidential poll numbers have yet to rebound (even with the new open press conference format) and the Pentagon has agreed to release "all" of its Abu Ghraib photos and videos while we were all remembering 9/11 again.

I will never forget what I saw and felt the day the Twin Towers fell across the river from me. This administration has consistenetly used this day for their own political gain. But like I said I am a skeptic.

No comments: