Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Arianna Online


Arianna's new blog/news site is up and running. It's a somewhat strange mix of celebrities, talking heads, and political leaders. The site's "bloggers" range from Walter Kronkite to Bill Maher, Rob Reiner to Larry David, Jon Corzine to Jerry Brown. The only real problem I have with the "Huffington Post" is the inability of it's reader to comment on the blogs of the stars. It would serve as further evidence of Tom Friedman's "flattening" to be able to have a dialogue with the stars on politics, a subject which neither they nor I have much professional experience in. Here's what I had to say via her "scoop" space. "Is there a particular reason that I can't comment on the 'Blogs of the stars'? I just wanted to tell Larry David that it's Bolton's handling of intel on Syria that makes me nervous about his nomination. I wanted to tell Joe Scarborough that he should come down on the "axis of evil" president as hard as he does on the UN for Darfur, and Mr. Kronkite, I agree a forum is needed in which the Democratic Party can form the policy base from which campaigns could be launched.

The Huffington Post could be a high profile non-Drudge political/news site that could find it's way into more servers than say, Raw Story. It certainly has some real growing pains to go through before doing that though.

1 comment:

Jane Hamsher said...

Comments may be one of the things that develop over time -- I can certainly see those thin-skinned celebrities fleeing for the hills after one day of what we in the blogosphere just consider healthy debate.