Monday, May 05, 2008

I know what I said but it's poetry.

I know it's barely a week since I said I would stay out of primary rantings. But at least I wrote it in poem form.

What They Say
(An Ode to the Clinton Campaign)

Who has lived in the castle should be the next king.
First Family Clinton has such a nice ring.

It’s not Inspiring Millions to engage for their first.
The only way to “real” change is more Senate experience with the worst.

Don’t judge by our words, the ones we’ve “misstated”.
Judge by the pastor we once celebrated.

Behind in the polls, we’re the only shoe-in.
Just keep moving the goal posts to know how to win.

We'll yell and we"ll cackle, we'll cry and we'll drink.
We’ll fight the way they do. We know how they think.

The Ex-President's not asking for votes. He's asking for prayers.
The scandals we'll bring will certainly be rare.

We'll beat those darn reds. It's still us against them.
Even the ones who vote Our primary against Him.

Oh and my vote on the war I'm so dead against
I was duped by the smartest president yet.

No comments: